Friday, October 22, 2004

sensitive

today i got my feelings hurt over some silly stuff. seems like i have a problem taking no for an answer. i know it's true. i guess i'll leave it at that. i felt like i was in highschool, or even middle school, i felt so insecure that someone didn't like me. someone that i really like. but really she was just being honest with me about what she was able to do. when i was sad and cried, jaman was really sweet to me. he just gave me a hug for as long as i needed. and never said i was silly or anything. that was exactly what i needed. he is exactly what i need.

so, tonight, we went to happy hour, where jaman's graduate group meets to just hang out casually and discuss class, or just anything. i brought my knitting so he wouldn't feel like he had to entertain me. and so i wouldn't get bored. turned out that there was another knitter in the group, then another gal came in and saw that i was knitting, she said, "Are you knitting?" yes, " i have knitting needles and yarn in my car, will you teach me?" Of course!! she caught on very quickly and we knit together the whole time. it was lots of fun. i bring a scarf that i am knitting for myself, out of a beautiful mohair ( red and orange range of colors) that my friend, erin, gave me. it's turning out great! it smells like smoke, but i'm sure i'll get it out some time.

anyway, since i'm new to this whole blog thing, i guess i'll just put my thoughts and rants about me and my life and my knitting. and i don't really care who reads this. i sometimes don't want to tell anyone my blog address, because, what if i want to show something i am making them or what if i get really pissed off and write about them. oh well, heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a very sweet girl I once knew in California. You pretty much wore your emotions on your sleeve, didn't you. Well, that is one of the things that will always make you very special. Didn't you have this really, really nice dad who loved you, unquestionably? Oh, that's me, and I still do.