Monday, October 18, 2004

rookie

i'm still new at this whole blog thing, but it's pretty fun feeling so far. Jaman really helped me out with setting it up.
Last night i cast on for his sweater. i'm using cascade 22o, it is a very soft wool to work with. the sweater will be very basic, no cables or anything fancy. i told him that he has to wear it, no matter what. i don't care if he riuns it while wearing it, he just must wear it. it's my first sweater and i just hope it turns out great! i am using the pattern from the knitters handy book of patterns. just with a garter stitch at the bottom and a crew neck. the rest is knit and purl baby! so i'm in business.
right now, as a side project when i get bored of the grey and need a new color to look at , i am also working on a scarf out of the rowan, silk and mohair. it's so wonderful to work with. it's this amazing orange.
that's all for now, i've got to do a little studying before i get ready for school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WoooHooo!

Welcome to the BLOGOSPHERE!

I don't knit, but Laura does, and I watch. It looks real cool. And I like it when she makes me stuff....

- Mike