Wednesday, February 20, 2008

3 sweaters

alright, maybe i am an over-achiever, or maybe a multi-tasker, I may possibly have OCD or what's the one when you can't focus on only one thing at a time, oh yeah...ADD. Whatever the diagnosis...I am working on 3 sweaters these right now. I was teaching a sweater class this winter and at the time I was making lots and lots of hats to sell in my friend John Bell's shop. As soon as the class was over, I decided to make a sweater. I was so excited about that idea that I found three that I wanted to make. one is for my mom. It's Wicked from www.zephyrstyle.com

Then I decided to make one for me. it's the cabled riding jacket from Loop-d-loop. That one is really hard at the bodice section because you have to do so many different things on so many different rows, so I can only work on this one when I am alone and no one is talking to me.

then I got a deal on some nice rowan yarn, and it was the exact yarn that fit a pattern that jaman had shown some interest in so I had to start him one too. I didn't want the poor guy to feel left out and he needs a new hand-made sweater. it's called the herringbone jacket from the book knitting for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post!

I have been tempted by that cabled sweater in Loop de Loop. The photos in that book are so weird! But that's a nice sweater.

I'm working on *four* sweaters right now, but one of them I've been "working on" for about three years so I don't know if that really counts.

I think I might finish the little red baby sweater before the end of March, at least.

The newest one is a sweater for Vigo with a cable that I designed myself. My first one! It'll probably look awful, being the first cable I ever designed. Having to wear first attempts and prototypes is one of the pitfalls of having a mother who likes to design stuff. Poor boy.

I'm starting to think about getting a group together to do a knitting video podcast. We should talk about you doing some kind of segment for it. Jaman could film you. Something maybe 60 seconds long. You could film 10 of them and send them to me to edit into the show. I'm thinking it'll be a 5-7 minute show every two weeks...

Heather Russelle Transformative Therapies said...

can't wait to see your cable!